Jan 29, 2008

Muggle CPBCC Cookies

Hello! I am delighted to be able to share with you a favorite treat of my Muggle boyfriend. He loves it when I make these delicious cookies and I'm sure you will love them too. As I am in Ravenclaw and am studying Muggle Pastry Arts, my original recipe was all in ounces, grams and weights, but I've converted it to standard home baking measurements. Enjoy!!

Muggle Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups AP flour
1/4 cup dark cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter soft
1/2 cup smooth pb
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla (buy the good vanilla - you won't regret it!)
1/4 cup melted dark choc chips
1/2 cup dark choc chips

Preheat Oven to 350 F. Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Beat together butter, pb, sugars and melted choc until all gooey and delicious lookin'. Add egg and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in chips. Chill dough for 30 minutes. Using small ice cream or cookie scooper, scoop out nice round balls and bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch. Let cool all the way before eating (or at leat try). I think salted crushed peanuts would be an excellent addition as well, but I'm a salty/sweet kinda girl....

Let me know what you think. The recipe is a work in progress, but I think I've nailed it. Any suggestions will be tested and appreciated!!

0 comments:

 

Followers